Thursday, May 28, 2009

Money tree or money plant (Lunaria annua). They get nice translucent silver discs in the fall).




Also called honesty plant. I saw these purple wildflowers on the side of a road in April, not on someone's property but on city property. They looked like some kind of tall roadside weed, so I didn't think it was so wrong to pick just two flowers. I stuck them in dirt and they are now quite happy. Ugly but happy. I'll plant them in my wildflower garden, near the back. I read that they are one of those dreaded and dreadful biennials. Bloom twice and then die. I've come to dislike the whole idea of biennials. Seems unnatural. Plants should bloom always or once. Not some wishy washy middle ground. The top photo is from www.zum.de/stueber/lindman/212.jpg.

No comments:

Post a Comment